Welcome to CVFC's Paid EMS Application
The following application is ONLY for paid EMS applications. In order to be considered for a paid ems position, you MUST meet the following requirements:
- Hold a valid MD EMT or higher certification
- Be affiliated with a Baltimore County Volunteer Fire Company, have a LOSAP number, and be medically cleared to function in the county or be willing to complete affiliation requirements in your own time.
- Be able to drive an ambulance in emergency operation and have either MFRI or VFIS EVOC or be training to drive an Ambulance.
- For Paramedics, you must be cleared to function as ALS providers in Baltimore County to receive ALS pay.
For those applicants not BCVFA Affiliated:
Cockeysville VFC will hire non-BCVFA affiliated members provided they are willing to complete the requirements for affiliation. Applicants will be required to complete these requirements in their own time, and without compensation and all applications will be contingent upon completion of these requirements.
- Complete the Baltimore County Medical Clearance process which involves a medical questionnaire and based upon that, a physical either with your personal doctor or with Mercy.
- Have Hazmat Operations or attend a 6-hour Hazmat Core Competencies Class offered once a month.
- Completion of 2-hour Online EMS Compliance Class.
Your application WILL NOT be processed if you do not meet these requirements and conditions.
If you are interested in volunteering with CVFC, click here to exit to our Volunteer Application. Volunteer applicants do not need to possess any certifications.
You must meet the above requirements in order to apply. Your application will be rejected if you do not meet the above requirements.
Paid applicants must provide the following with this application:
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Current copy of driving record from MVA
- Current copy of EVOC Certification
- Current copy of either EMT or ALS certification
- Current copy Firefighter certification, if applicable.
- Current copy of Hazmat certification
- FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800 certifications
- Current valid CPR Card.
You will have an opportunity to upload certifications during the application process. Alternatively, you may email them to [email protected].
Additional information for applicants:
- Paid applicants must pass a BCVFA Drug Test and Background Check.
- Paid applicant must have a current medical clearance to function in Baltimore County or agree to the conditions above for non-medically cleared applicants.
- CVFC will accept applications from individuals who are EMS only and do not ride suppression.
Rate of Pay:
- EMT: $20
- Paramedic: $25
- Weekend Differential for Saturday/Sunday Shifts: $1/hr
- New Hires Are Eligible for a $150 bonus after 3 months of successful employment.
- Current employees who refer a new hire who successfully completes 3 months of employment receive a $25 bonus per referral.
Paid EMS works two shifts, 7 days per week. Day shift is 7am to 3pm and Night Shift is 3pm-10pm.
Employees must sign up for shifts by the 15th of the preceding month.
When you are ready to begin the application, please sign below and click next. All questions with a red star must be completed in order to move forward with the application.