A Letter to the Community Regarding COVID-19
March 16th 2020
To the Cockeysville Community,
After careful review of CDC and State guidelines on SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), the Cockeysville Volunteer Fire Company has had to make some difficult decisions. Effective immediately, the following changes are being made:
- The Easter Eggstravaganza event on April 4th 2020 is canceled and will not be rescheduled.
- The Spring Quarter Auction on April 17th 2020 is canceled and will not be rescheduled.
- We will temporarily stop accepting applications for membership.
- Our hall rental program is temporarily suspended; however, we will continue to accept bookings for events in August 2020 or later. Existing bookings between now and August have been contacted to discuss options.
- The fire house must temporarily suspend station tours, visits, and other non-emergency occasions in which the general public would visit the station.
We take these actions to ensure the health and safety of both our responders and the community. We deeply appreciate the support from the community, and we will be constantly reviewing the evolving situation with COVID-19 and as soon as it is safe to lift these restrictions, we will!
We want to end this email on a positive tone. While we must say the following is dependent on how the COVID-19 situation evolves, we have a tentative slate of summer events we think you will enjoy, including:
- An Open House with rescue demonstrations
- A Princess Ball character event
- A Superhero party character event
- Food Truck Thursdays every Thursday at the firehouse
- A summer concert featuring Josh Christina.
We thank you for your continued support and offer our hope that the community follows the guidelines of the CDC and Governor Hogan and stays safe, happy and healthy. As the old saying goes: “This too shall pass.”
The Cockeysville Volunteer Fire Company