Welcome to CVFC's Paid Suppression Application
The following application is ONLY for paid suppression applications. In order to be considered for a paid suppression position, you MUST hold at least Firefighter 1 (Fire Officer 1 is preferred.) and EMT. If you are interested in volunteering with CVFC, click here to exit to our Volunteer Application. Volunteer applicants do not need to possess any certifications.
You must be cleared to function in Baltimore County. Your application will be rejected if you are not cleared to function in Baltimore County. We cannot sponsor applicants to become cleared.
Paid applicants must provide the following with this application:
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Current copy of driving record from MVA
- Current copy FF1 or Fire Officer 1 (preferred) certification
- Current copy of EVOC Certification
- Current copy of either EMT or ALS certification
- Current copy of Hazmat certification
- FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800 certifications
- Current valid CPR Card.
You will have an opportunity to upload certifications during the application process. Alternatively, you may email them to [email protected]
Additional information for applicants:
- Paid applicant must pass a BCVFA Drug Test and Background Check.
- Paid applicant must have a current BCVFA Appendix A for Interior Fire Fighting, if a volunteer
- FADO/EMT only must have MFRI Pumps certification.
Paid Suppression Employees are paid at the following rate:
- Firefighter/EMT: $15.00/hr
- FADO/EMT: $16/hr
Paid Suppression Hours are 7:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Shifts are scheduled 5 days per week.
When you are ready to begin the application, please sign below and click next. All questions with a red star must be completed in order to move forward with the application.